Thursday, January 19, 2012

Elvis is the undisputed king of rock and roll, and I'm not sure why.?

I have always heard that Elvis is the king, but he wasn't the greatest musician, and he didn't write all of his own songs which docks major points in my book. I'm curious as to why others such as Chuck Berry didn't inherit the title. Please explain.Elvis is the undisputed king of rock and roll, and I'm not sure why.?
"Describe Elvis Presley? He was the greatest who ever was, is or ever will be."-Chuck Berry





"I wasn't just a fan, I was his brother. He said I was good and I said he was good; we never argued about that. Elvis was a hard worker, dedicated, and God loved him. Last time I saw him was at Graceland. We sang Old Blind Barnabus together, a gospel song. I love him and hope to see him in heaven. There'll never be another like that soul brother."-James Brown



"Elvis was God-given, there's no other explanation. A Messiah comes around every few thousand years, and Elvis was it this time."-Little Richard



"A lot of people have accused Elvis of stealing the black man's music, when in fact, almost every black solo entertainer copied his stage mannerisms from Elvis."-Jackie Wilson
I agree with everything David said. I don't get it. I can't even stand his singing voice, the way he sung. There are others I'd much rather listen to. I just do not like his music. My grandmother is always talking about him and what does she say "he was fine".

*Add* I don't like Chuck Berry either. He's an arrogrant pr**k and all his songs sound exactly the same.Elvis is the undisputed king of rock and roll, and I'm not sure why.?
I honestly think he inherited the name because of his stupid dancing, but that's just me. There were much better musicians at the time, and there have been much better musicians since he's passed on. I don't consider him the king at all.
Mostly to do with popularity.Elvis is the undisputed king of rock and roll, and I'm not sure why.?
It's because he was (and still is) the most popular rock 'n' roll artist.
he was white

No comments:

Post a Comment