Thursday, January 12, 2012

Is Cleveland getting the shaft by not having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceromonies held in Cleveland?

I live in Cleveland, and I feel like we are again looked down upon by the rest of the country by not allowing us to hold the induction ceromonies in Cleveland. I know that I am not the only one. No disrespect to New York where the ceromonies are held now.Is Cleveland getting the shaft by not having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceromonies held in Cleveland?
Let me preface this by saying that I'm from Cleveland also. Personally I think the Rock and Roll industry is getting the shaft by having the HOF in Cleveland.



There's nothing There. No one wants to come to "the mistake by the lake". Many performers / entertainers won't even come to cleveland because the taxes are too high.



Look at it sometime, they'll be in Pittsburgh one night and Detroit the next. Right past Cleveland. What a shame.



The HOF inductees rarely even come to the ceremony.
Yeah, its a real shame the induction ceremony isn't held in Cleveland. An event like this would really be good for the local hospitality industry. It doesn't even make much sense for the museum, because the induction ceremony gets so much PR and press coverage. The museum would benefit more if they brought all this PR and coverage to where the museum actually is.



While agree that we are getting the shaft, I don't know if it is because we are necessarily looked down upon. I think the real issue is that logisticly it is simply easier to have the event in New York. But I strongly believe that though it may be more difficult to have this event in Cleveland than New York, it should be done that way anyway.Is Cleveland getting the shaft by not having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceromonies held in Cleveland?
Yes, it's a shame that the inductions don't occur there, because the museum is great. However, the mayor needs to invest more money into cleaning up the city and making it a must see destination beyond the museum.
we just laugh anymore.Is Cleveland getting the shaft by not having the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceromonies held in Cleveland?
I asked the same question last night, and it bums me out big time. Why even have it here. They say we don't have the best hotels and things of that nature, but the Ritz seems pretty ok to me, must just be the Cleveland curse, Van Halen got inducted and i would have enjoyed that as well, hopefully one day this will all change.
I totally agree with you. We're the home of rock-n-roll, but we're not good enough to hold the induction ceremonies or concerts. Oh, but we can buy tickets to watch the concert on a screen at the rock-n-roll hall of fame! Bull****

No comments:

Post a Comment